High Kirk Community Preschool, an integral part of High Kirk Presbyterian Church, is committed to delivering excellent outcomes for children by providing a quality learning environment for the preschool child. We pride ourselves on running a setting where children are happy, safe, and able to reach their potential. The inclusive, caring ethos in which each child is valued builds the children’s confidence and contributes to their well being and positive attitudes towards learning. Our staff team is the most important resource we have and we want staff who are child centred and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure our children fulfil their potential.
We are accepting applications for Preschool Assistant (cover for absense) that are available at our Preschool. Commencing Autumn2023. For any questions or queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Preschool Assistant – cover for absence
Hours: When required.
Rate of pay: £10.42 per hour.
Essential criteria include:
- QCF Level 2 or equivalent in Child Care Learning and Development, or equivalent Early Years qualification.
- Ability to identify concerns relating to the children and refer to the Preschool Leader.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to relate well to children and their parents/guardians.
- An understanding of child development and the importance of meeting the needs of the individual child.
- Essential skills and a good working knowledge of ICT.
- Be in sympathy with the beliefs and practices of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland.
It is important that you provide sufficient information on the application form to demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria. We will assess your application against the Personal Specification.
Completed application forms should be filled out using the form below:
Summary of main Terms and Conditions of Service
- Conditions of service for these posts will be determined by High Kirk Community Preschool Management Committee.
- The posts are temporary contracts with a six-month probationary period.
- The remuneration for the posts will be paid monthly retrospectively. The salary will be reviewed annually.
- The successful applicant is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure of a Criminal Background under the provisions of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups (NI) Order 2007